Monday, October 6, 2008

Why should i be Numero Uno?

Do I have what it takes to be a ‘Numero Uno’? I do because I am a PAGUL!!!
· Persuasive communicator
· Administrator with a difference
· Go-getter attitude
· Unconventional thinker
· Leader (Effective and Ethical)
A seasoned IT professional turned B-school student at IIM Shillong, I, Ramanarayanan PA, (liked to be called Ram) see the ‘Numero Uno’ challenge as a perfect setting to exhibit my leadership skills. I feel that the above mentioned characteristics in me will take me close to ‘Numero Uno’ title and eventually take hold of it from rest of the folks.

I strongly believe that communication is the real work of leadership. An all India debate champion at college level, I see myself as a persuasive speaker. I can reach people by appealing to their sense as well as appeal to their emotions. I have a talent for simplicity when it comes to communication. I can distil complex thoughts and messages, however complex it may be, to something that is accessible to all. It’s not just about talking, I also have the ability to listen and receive ideas from others.

As an effective administrator, I have sharpened my skills related to three key areas: conceptual, technical/analytical and interpersonal skills. With my conceptual skills, I can see the bigger picture and organize one’s thinking in a logical and related manner. The analytical skills I possess helps me in systematically use the available information to analyze and understand situations that calls for decision making. The interpersonal skills help me in being an effective team player/leader.

My positive attitude energizes and illuminates the star in me. This is the central force that keeps me running with a daring mindset. I always create an attitude of success. As a leader; I have always brought in the right winning attitude to my team. I always see my team as a valuable resource that can produce positive results if a positive environment is created.

In today’s competitive business environment, creativity and out of the box thinking is the differentiator between an efficient and effective leader. I have realized this unwritten dogma and have equipped myself to be an unconventional thinker. While working with Infosys, I have successfully suggested new ideas which have helped in improving the business propositions for the clients. I have been known for bringing in creativity and innovation to my team.

Finally I see myself as an ethical leader. Being an effective and ethical leader I have the desire to do the right thing for my team, company and the customers. I model the behaviour that I wish others to demonstrate. I maintain strong relationships with everyone by sustaining high levels of mutual trust. For this I model myself as a person who deserves their trust in the first place. For my team I define the path and boldly lead the way. I see myself as a well equipped business leader for building sustainable organizations.

No comments: